UPDATE: This is a pretty old FAQ. New one coming soon, amongst other updates.
Below are some of Frequently Answered Questions I’ve been infrequently bugged about:
- What is ‘The K Initiative’?
- What is ‘The Axon Theory’?
- What projects are you currently involved in?
- Are you working for a particular television channel?
- Will you produce my movie?
- Can I act in your Productions?
- Can you refer me to a channel? Can you sell my ideas/production?
- What is Khabar Bakhabar?
- So why does it look like Movie Review Show?
- What do the Cups signify?
- How much work goes into your segment?
- Why is your segment so casual?
- Can I have Sana Tariq’s Number?
- Ok, so can I have her e-mail address?
- Why do you and Sana Tariq hate each other?
- What is Animadversion?
- Who will win this year’s Oscar?
- Why is your online identities not updated?
- Who are your influences?
- Can I have Sana Tariq’s Number if I say please?
- Can I have Farheen Jawaid’s number?
- Can I have your number?
1) What is ‘The K Initiative’?
‘The K Initiative’ is a business model spanning over the entire entertainment spectrum. We are working on projects for Television, Radio, Internet and Film. Stay tuned for details on ‘The K Initiative’. The name is just something I fancied that sounded serious and egoistic. Something to just refer to the idea. The name actually has no real world relevance.
2) What is ‘The Axon Theory’?
‘The Axon Theory’, is an engaging thriller written by Peter Wojtowicz. Currently ‘Axon’ is in active development. No production date is planned at the moment.
3) What projects are you currently involved in?
Please refer to ‘The K Initiative’.
4) Are you working for a particular television channel?
Not at the moment. At the moment I am a panelist at ARY News morning show, Bakhabar Savera.
5) Will you produce my movie?
At the present, we’re taxed with ‘The K Initiative’. But sure… If you’ve got financing attached.
6) Can I act in your Productions?
Talk to us.
7) Can you refer me to a channel? Can you sell my ideas/production?
At the moment we’re taxed. But send us a pitch, after registering your ideas. There are no guarantees’, but you will hear back from us if it catches our fancy.
8) What is Khabar Bakhabar?
Khabar Bakhabar is the segment I share on Tuesdays and Thursday s at Bakhabar Savera. Bakhabar Savera, shortened as BKS, is the morning show at ARY News, hosted by Sana Tariq. In the 20 minute segment we cover entertainment news, industry analysis, features and movie reviews.
9) So why does it look like Movie Review Show?
Because, I am a film critic.
Because it’s something that isn’t done anywhere?
Because the idea clicked.
In fact we’ve designed our film reviews to be unique. We have our own ratings, made up of cups from the Bakhabar Savera logo. We quote international film critics on their opinions on the movies. We analyze movies without giving out too much plot info or spoilers.
10) What do the Cups signify?
The cups define our film ratings: 5 Cups mean Excellent. 4,Very Good. 3, Good. 2, Average. 1, Horrible.
11) How much work goes into your segment?
I edit my own content for the show. Meaning the content (trailers, clips) that is played on-air is edited by yours truly. I also design and choreograph my segment, and edit my headlines. I guess I like to keep things under control.
12) Why is your segment so casual?
That’s the way we designed it. I personally did not want to do a pompous talky-talky segment at 9 am in the morning. But once in a while we like to be serious.
13) Can I have Sana Tariq’s Number?
No. Sorry. Would mine do instead?
But seriously, am not at the liberty to do so. If you want Sana Tariq’s number, make connections, try to find people who actually know her and get them to introduce you. Do something worthwhile so we can have you on the show. Try being one of her fans at her facebook. Do a little leg-work.
14) Ok, so can I have her e-mail address?
15) Why do you and Sana Tariq hate each other?
We don’t. In fact we have the deepest respect for each other. It’s just that we can’t stand each other on-screen (just kidding).
16) What is Animadversion?
Animadversion is Pakistan’s first ever movie criticism column that features two reviews on a single film. The reviews, when started were influenced by the style of New York Times. Now, the idea has matured into its own identity, accommodating public demand and feedback.
17) Who will win this year’s Oscar?
I really don’t know. Read iMAGES or watch Bakhabar Savera this March.
18) Why is your online identities not updated?
Mohammad Kamran Jawaid is available online (ok, so that did sound strange and weird). Given the overbearing nature of his workload, the update status of these sites or communities may vary. Please do bear with us as we launch into ‘The K Initiative’. The links are available below.
19) Who are your influences?
Lots of people. From Steven Spielberg to Akira Kurosawa, Roger Ebert to A.O. Scott, A.R. Rahman, Scott Lobdell, Stan Lee, Frank Miller and millions of others. There’s a post at my blog which discusses this in detail.
20) Can I have Sana Tariq’s Number if I say please?
21) Can I have Farheen Jawaid’s number?
What? She’s my sister for crying out loud! No.
Talk to me instead.
22) Can I have your number?
If it’s proposal for marriage, then the numbers are listed on the contact page. Otherwise forget you’ve even read this.